Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunday Spark! Getting in the Spirit....

LOL longtime coming...
What a whirlwind this past week has been for me!!!! It's great to sit here and attempt to give a little inspiration to set forth the week.


This week is especially meaningful to me, being that my father passed away around this time 4 years ago, and what better time do I need (& thankful for) my immediate family than Thanksgiving!!! (I am sooo ready to be with them) 
Within the past 2 years I have notice within myself that this time of year my emotions are up & down, sort of bittersweet...being anxious & excited for the Holiday but still experiencing signs of grief..


When the times get tough and inspiration is hard to come by where do we find it? When life hits'- Is it easier to just stand there and take the punch?! Yes, it is but that will not do us any good. 


"As I grow older part of my emotional survival plan must be to actively seek inspiration instead of passively waiting for it to find me.” Bebe Moore Campbell

This quote from Ms. Campbell speaks to a lot of us who can get a little down, and may find it difficult to get that comforting  feeling inside when trying to maintain (survive). When times get difficult D.I.VA.'s try to look from within to find that extra boost you need for motivation--I know it's not easy, but inspiration can come from anywhere around us if we make ourselves more aware of our surroundings--while exercising reading a book, magazine, blog (wink*), or something we heard or saw from our family members or close friends and through prayer/meditation....

You Try:
**When it's hard to get going practice listening to yourself (mind, body and soul) to find that motivation to get through when feeling like you're on your last life**


No comments:

Post a Comment