Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Spark: Starting with the D.I.V.A in the Mirror

Happy Sunday DIVAs
Hope this finds everyone in great spirits!!!  A big shout out to Kevin Clay and the rest of the fun crew who attended his birthday celebration!!!! Enjoy!!!

Be the change you want to see.  Such a simple saying, yet probably the most difficult to do.
For 24 years of my life, I lived for many people.  I did what was expected possibly to satisfy those that I love or in order to play it safe.  Well in my 25th year, I decided it was my turn.  I decided to kick fear and comfort to the curb and dive head first into the deepest end.  I can honestly say today I feel better than I have in years because I am living for me.  In this month alone I have accomplished more (physically, emotionally, mentally) than I did all of last year.  It is the greatest feeling to have a sense of self.  And while my journey is still beginning, as from what I’m told it truly never ends, I feel complete.
This clicked for me at 25.  For some, it clicks at 18 or 21 and other s at 50 or 80.  Whatever your time, do not let age be a hindrance.  There is no expiration date on change and transformation.  There may be more at stake as you get older in the form of family or professional responsibilities, but don’t let it stop you.  You owe it to yourself to be the best you.  You were put on this earth for a reason, to shine your light that you were blessed with.  It’s up to you to turn on the switch.  Marianne Williamson said it best in her book entitled, A Return to Love. 
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?   Actually who are we not to be?   You are the child of God. Your playing small doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in all of us. And as we let our light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Change is never easy and often times it is plain old uncomfortable for yourself and for those around you.  Some will embrace your transformation and others won’t.  Some will support you and others will try to deter you.  Stay steadfast in your journey.  It is then that you will be able to fully appreciate and embrace all of the ‘fabulousness’ that is you.  Today is your day.  Light the world up DIVAs!!!! 
<3 Jade

1 comment:

  1. Yes, this is nice. I lOVE change, though it can be difficult.
    Nish

    ReplyDelete