Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Monday, December 6, 2010

Countdown to New Years: The Work out Plan (4 weeks to go!!!!!)

D.I.V.As  D.I.V.As  D.I.V.As.  The time is here. 
The past couple of weeks, we have focused on mental preparedness and diet.  We all made a commitment to ourselves that we were ready to move into the driver’s seat and take charge of our lives.  The time is now here to get moving…literally.
I was so excited about this that I couldn’t wait until Wednesday.  I also wanted to give everyone an opportunity to be able to get all of their workouts in.  I am also committed to this challenge.  So much so that I am going to bravely post my beginning specs tomorrow, picture included in order to track my progress along with all of you.  While you do not have to post it like I am, I urge you to weigh yourself an take a before picture so that you can track your progress and see your progress.  When weighing yourself , try to do at the same time (ie when you first wake up or before you go to bed) and wear similar items. 
So without further adieu, I bring you…
Countdown to New Year: the 4 Week Workout Plan
[Disclaimer: I am not a certified trainer or health professional, therefore if you have health issues, you should contact your physician before engaging in this and any other types of strenuous activity.]
Total Workout Days:  5 days per week
a.        3x per week (nonconsecutive days)-   Circuit Training
a.       2 days Circuit Training Routine
b.      1 day Core Challenge Routine
b.      2x per week (non consecutive days)- Interval Training
Circuit Training Routine (Repeat routine 3x)- Click on the exercises for descriptions
a.  Warm Up
b.
Exercise
(Rest 30-60 seconds between ea. Exercise)

Resistance
Number of repetitions
(Goal is to complete reps within 1 minute)
Renegade Push-Up Row
5-10 lb dumbbells*
12-15 reps
10-15 lb dumbbells*
12-15 reps
10-15 lb dumbbells*
12-15 reps
10-15 lb dumbbells*
12-15 reps
Body Weight
20-25 reps

     *If you cannot do 12 reps with this amount of resistance, use a lower weight.  If you can do 15 reps        with this amount of resistance, increase weight*
c. Cool Down
Core Challenge Routine (Repeat routine 3x)- Click on the exercise for descriptions  
a.  Warm-Up
b.
Exercise
Resistance
Number of Reps
Body weight
10-12 reps
5-10 lb dumbbells
12-15 reps
Body weight
12-15 reps
Body weight
10-12 reps


c. Cool Down
Interval Training Routine (Choose any cardiovascular activity that you wish)
a.       Warm Up (light movement for about 5 minutes to get the blood flowing.  Can include walking, stretching, etc)
b.      Alternate between moderate exercise and intense exercise (ie. Walk 5 minutes, Run 2 minutes)
a.       Many cardio machines have the option for interval training
c.       Cool Down (refer to warm-up)
d.      Click here for Sample Interval Training Routines.  You can utilize this with any cardiovascular activity.  Bob Harper suggests:  Spin class, swimming, tennis, racquetball, water aerobics, hiking).  The trick is to pick something that you like and will keep you engaged.
Good luck D.I.V.As and stay tuned tomorrow for my personal plan and the before shots!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment