Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Monday, February 14, 2011

Money Matters: Valentine's Day edition

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

This is probably one of my favorite holidays because I love LOVE.  What better than a day celebrating it.  So whether you are happily single or happily coupled, remember to let your loved ones know how much you love them today (and keep it going after today).

For all of you who are partaking in the No Buy Month challenge, you may be wondering what you can get your significant other.  Well I must confess that I bought my boo's gift prior to beginning the challenge, however I noticed I forgot to buy a card.  Lord knows I was tempted to go to Hallmark and spend, but I resisted the urge and wrote him a letter instead.  Free and probably more personal than a card would have been.  It actually left him in shock, his words not mine.  So in keeping with the spirit of V-day I decided I would share with you a list of gifts and surprises that you can get your boo without violating the No Buy Challege.

Happily Coupled:
  1. Homecooked meal:  Save money and whip up a meal with your usual groceries. 
  2. Write a love letter:  Take a cue from Aaliyah and enclose it with a kiss
  3. Make an online photo album:  Load those pics you have stored in your camera and put them to good use
  4. Send a free hallmark card:  If you don't have the supplies to create your own, peruse Hallmark for some cost free options
  5. Have a little "loving" time:  Well I think this is pretty self explanatory.

Happily Single:
  1. Candlelit Bath:  Hopefully you have bubble bath or bath salts on hand
  2. Homecooked meal: You don't need a HIM to make a delicious meal
  3. At Home Spa Day: Hair done, Nails done, everything did
  4. Movie Night:  Tap into the tv as they will be playing all of the V-day favorites or check out Comcast free movies.
  5. Invite your girls over for a potluck V-day meal. 
However you decide to celebrate the day, just make sure you share your love with all those you believe deserve it!!!

<3 Jade

No comments:

Post a Comment