Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Spark: I love you DIVAs because...

Love is in the air!!!!
An early happy Valentine’s Day DIVAs!!!
I’m coming off of a fabulous weekend with “the boo”, moms, and extended family (the lovely ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.)  It was a weekend filled with love, gifts, and a celebration of life that was breathtaking.
Saturday, I joined some of my Sorors in comforting our dynamic Soror Charmaine during a home going service for her sister.  While I had never met her sister before, I left there honored to have been in her presence at the service.  When my day comes, I hope it can be half as beautiful and I can have just half of the impact on others’ lives as she did.  Everyone described her to be a true woman of God with an unwavering spirit and faith, even with the many health related issues she endured throughout her life.  Everyone talked about her resilience, drive, and perseverance.  Regardless of her health or physical ability, she made sure she was at church whether she received a ride or had to take the bus.  Saying that this woman was phenomenal would be an understatement.  One of the big things that stuck with me though, was when my Soror went up to talk about her sister and spoke about taking people in our lives for granted.  She begged us to not take for granted the special people in our lives today as tomorrow is not promised and that doing so would make us feel the pain and guilt she was feeling. 
I sat in my seat and cried. I cried because, as my Soror, I hated to see her in that kind of pain and I also cried because it was a feeling I knew all too well when my grandfather passed after a tumultuous battle with Cancer.  It is truly, as Charmaine said, a feeling that no one ever wants to experience.  So I felt that I needed to share her directive with everyone and what better time than this weekend of L-O-V-E.
Now I know Valetine’s Day is all about you and your man (or lady), but what if this V-Day we also make an effort to extend this love and thankfulness to the DIVAs who have had an impact on our life.  Maybe it is someone who you do not know well but something they did spoke to you, or maybe it is someone you know very well but do not often let them know how special they are.  Whoever it is, do not let this opportunity pass you by because tomorrow is never promised.  Tell at least one DIVA today and/or on Valentine’s day, “I <3 you because…”
 will start it off…
I <3 all of the DIVA subscribers and readers because you are all fabulous and supportive people!!!
<3 Jade 

No comments:

Post a Comment