Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Think About it Thursdays: "You Are Who You Choose to Be"

While perusing one of my favorite fashion-related blogs Bleed for Fashion, I came across this great quote.  “You are who you choose to be”.  So often we are defined by our peers, social/economic circumstances, gender, and societal ‘norms’.  Some of us become stagnant in these molds, hesitant to step out of the box and complacent achievers of someone else’s expectations.  What if today we not only believed in every dream but accept that our dreams are attainable.  What if I told you that as of today the person you always dreamed to be, you are now her!  If you want to be fit, get moving to get fit.  If you want to be a millionaire, find ways to make and invest money to make you rich.  If you want to be the best you, break every stereotype, definition, and expectation and live like you have never lived before.
I choose to be fearless and unstoppable in order to be the best me possible.  In order to do that, I signed up today to accomplish one of my biggest “fears”…Running!!!!  I headed over to a new favorite site of mine Black Girls Run, signed up for the 9 week “Couch to 5k” training plan, bought a pace monitor, and customized Black Girls Run hoodie.  My first day of training starts Monday.  This is just another step in this year of “Doing Me!!”    
I can’t stress it enough.  Take life by the horns and make it what you want.  Smile wider, laugh louder, and love harder.  Some people will like it, some won’t, regardless of their sentiment, remind yourself that it doesn’t matter, as you are focused on “Defining INNER Victory with Attitude”. 
Before I leave I have to share a conversation I had with one of my BFFs last night.  She hit my up on BBM (my favorite method of communication sad to say) to inquire whether or not I would ever date a guy who did not go to college.  I said more than likely yes, depending on how he spent his time and where he is now.  She ended the conversation by saying, “This world we live in-so many rules and standards”.  So in my “I am woman hear me roar” tone, I responded “F**k the rules”.  I leave you with that.  Don’t let anyone define you, define yourself!
<3 Jade

Wale "The Power"

No comments:

Post a Comment