Diva Rules 2010

Diva Rules 2010

Saturday, September 4, 2010

SIRve It Up ~featuring~ Brian Wilson of Tonkyman Productions LLC

Today’s guest SIR, Brian, happens to be a close friend and someone on the rise. Let’s just hope he remembers all the “little people” when he starts bringing in the big checks. Lol.

I was truly honored when Jade and Denisha asked me to be a part of this site. I was then forced to think about what I should write about that would interest their dedicated readers. So I went back and forth with Jade looking for help about a topic. However, it seems the theme this week reigned in on being true to oneself and just following your inner spirit so I have decided to write about something that is truly important to me, so I hope that everyone will be able to relate.

Sometimes it takes a force beyond our own to bring out our true being, to guide us in a path seldom taken. For me, that “other” has been having a mentor. By definition, a Mentor is a wise and trusted counselor or teacher, an influential senior sponsor or supporter. Whether young or old, man or O.D., the influence of a Mentor can last a lifetime.

We all get to a point in our lives where we ask ourselves, “What’s next? Fortunately, there are individuals, more experienced at that; who have once asked themselves that very same question, and have been able to answer that with SUCCESS. Of course there’s no book at the library, or a magical document that serves as the Blueprint for success. But it’s not always necessary to reinvent the wheel. In any industry or facet of life, there is someone, someone who has overcome odds stacked against them and one who is willing to lend a helping hand so that those after them can follow a path proven.

I have multiple mentors, technically you can have as many as you want, because….well simply put….we don’t know everything about anything. I have a mentor for my music, a mentor for my job, a mentor in my friendships and relationships…and most importantly a mentor in my Father. See ladies.…the path to success and a wholesome lifestyle does not need to be traveled alone….Matter of fact..I would advise you not to do so. It’s crucial for us, especially young minorities, to leverage our personal and professional relationships. All it takes..is a question…a goal…and a vision. I encourage you to seek help, but even more important, to serve as a mentor for others. Don’t let our younger generation fall through the cracks. Remember not so long ago…you were once in their shoes! Remember, “The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.”- Helen Keller

Brian Wilson is a graduate of Rutgers University, BS Marketing, 2008. He is a Program Analyst for the Department of Defense and the CEO/Co-Founder of Tonkyman Productions. For more information, please visit him at http://dnb85.com and http://www.linkedin.com/in/brianadrian85 He can be contacted at brianw0224@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment